Friends of the Lockport Public Library, Inc.
Who We Are
The Friends of the Lockport Public Library Inc. is a volunteer not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to support the resources, services, and programs of the Library, and promote the Library's presence in the community. We maintain a year-round used book sale at the Book Nook on Floor 2 of the library and host two large book sales each year. The proceeds from these sales and your membership dollars help fund new book collections for the library, as well as educational programs.The Board of Directors is elected from the membership. Directors serve terms of three years. Officers are elected annually by the membership from the Board of Directors.
Friends' contributions, including grants and partnerships, to the Lockport Public Library total over $75,000!
Programs We've Sponsored
- Front Porch Family Series
- Support for Summer Reading Program
- Cuddle Up & Read
- Special collections, including classics, art loans, DVDs
- One Book One Community
- Local Author Forum
Types of Membership
Lifetime $100.00 Sponsor 50.00 Patron 25.00 Family 10.00 Individual 5.00
Lifetime members will have their name engraved on a plaque in the Library. Memberships (other than Lifetime) are valid for one year.
Benefits of Membership
- A 10% discount on purchases over $1.00 at the ongoing used book sale in the Book Nook located near the Floor 2 Circulation Desk (must present your valid Friends membership card).
- Invitation to attend a "Friends only" presale of our book sales.
- Valuable coupons for book sales.
- The satisfaction of supporting your Lockport Public Library.
- Support the library as a volunteer organization and help to increase community awareness of the Library's services.
- Bring new programs and services to your library.
- Enrich the total resources and facilities of the Lockport Public Library.
- Your membership is fully tax deductible. We are a 501(c)3 organization.
For More Information or to Join
Stop by the Library and pick up an application at the Floor 2 Circulation Desk, or fill out a printable application form and return it to the Circulation Desk.
The Lockport Public Library would not be the same without your support!