Friends of the Lockport Public Library, Inc.
Who We Are
The Friends of the Lockport Public Library Inc. is a volunteer not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to support the resources, services, and programs of the Library, and promote the Library's presence in the community. We maintain a year-round used book sale at the Book Nook on Floor 2 of the library and host two large book sales each year. The proceeds from these sales and your membership dollars help fund new book collections for the library, as well as educational programs.The Board of Directors is elected from the membership. Directors serve terms of three years. Officers are elected annually by the membership from the Board of Directors.
Friends' contributions, including grants and partnerships, to the Lockport Public Library total over $75,000!
Programs We've Sponsored
- Front Porch Family Series
- Support for Summer Reading Program
- Cuddle Up & Read
- Special collections, including classics, art loans, DVDs
- One Book One Community
- Local Author Forum
Types of Membership
Lifetime $100.00 Sponsor 50.00 Patron 25.00 Family 10.00 Individual 5.00
Lifetime members will have their name engraved on a plaque in the Library. Memberships (other than Lifetime) are valid for one year.
Benefits of Membership
- A 10% discount on purchases over $1.00 at the ongoing used book sale in the Book Nook located near the Floor 2 Circulation Desk (must present your valid Friends membership card).
- Invitation to attend a "Friends only" presale of our book sales.
- Valuable coupons for book sales.
- The satisfaction of supporting your Lockport Public Library.
- Support the library as a volunteer organization and help to increase community awareness of the Library's services.
- Bring new programs and services to your library.
- Enrich the total resources and facilities of the Lockport Public Library.
- Your membership is fully tax deductible. We are a 501(c)3 organization.
For More Information or to Join
Stop by the Library and pick up an application at the Floor 2 Circulation Desk, or fill out a printable application form and return it to the Circulation Desk.
The Lockport Public Library would not be the same without your support!
The Friends of the Lockport Public Library, Inc., sponsor library programs and help to purchase new library materials. View the library's events calendar.
Used Book Sales
Two sales are held annually--in Spring and Fall. Check our event calendar for the dates. This is a great chance to get books at a bargain basement price and to help the Library at the same time. Sale proceeds are used to purchase new materials for the library and to sponsor programs of interest to the community. Book donations are accepted at any library service desk or may be left at the foot of the stairwell inside the Chestnut Street entrance.
Stop by the Friends' "book nook"--the year-round used book sale--on Floor 2 near the Circulation Desk.
Library Tote Bags are available for $10.00. Bags have zippered top, mesh water bottle pocket, front slip pocket with pen and business card pockets, and small side pocket.
Library Journals are blank, spiral-bound, and available for $5.00. Matching pen included. Five colors to choose from! You can replace the "Thank you for supporting the library!" card with your own business card, photo, etc.
Bookmark Cards are a bookmark and greeting card in one--the greeting card perforates to become a bookmark! Each card comes with a red envelope. Available for $3.00 each.