Lockport Public Library
Update from Beverly Federspiel, Library Director:
The Lockport Public Library’s proposed 2014/2015 budget vote results are:
of 258 votes cast, 221 (85%) were “yes,” 37 (15%) were “no.” The 2014/15 increase is $21,627.00 as approved by voters who reside in the Lockport City School District. The total library budget from all sources will be $1,619,464. Local tax support of the budget totals $1,397,747. These funds will be applied to increased operating costs, maintaining library collections and services, computer access, library programs and services via our web site. The new budget will take effect July 1, 2014.
The library is open Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
“A library is a gift a community gives to itself.”
The Lockport Public Library thanks the community for their support.
Library Budget Vote - 2014/2015 proposed budget
Thursday, April 24, 2014
9:00 a.m.—8:00 p.m.
Community Meeting Room
Public Information Meeting
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Community Meeting Room
You must be a registered voter in the Lockport City School District to vote.
2014/2015 Budget Information for Voters
Tax levy increase from 2013/2014: $21,627
Total request from tax levy: $1,397,747
Total budget from all sources: $1,619,464
Total budget increase from all sources: $10,610
(See budget detail.)
The proposed increase is $21,627 from property tax support over 2013/2014 appropriation.
The proposed increase, if approved by voters, will be applied to increased operating costs, maintaining library collections and services, computer access, library programs, access to collections, and services via our web site.
How is the money used?
To sustain library operations and provide services.
212,118 people visited the library.
29,807 people have library cards.
415,690 items were borrowed.
20,777 reference questions were answered.
15,023 adults, children, teens, and families attended 871 library programs.
Library services include:
- A broad collection of materials including a variety of formats: books, large print books, CDs, DVDs & Blu-rays, audio books, magazines, and downloadable e-books, magazines, music, and audio books, as well as personalized service to help you find information.
- Access to the Internet and online databases, including a wireless connection for people with laptops.
- 24/7 reference services, allowing patrons to submit questions electronically 24 hours per day.
- A community meeting room that serves over 80 organizations at no cost.
- An offering of programs at no cost for children, teens, and adults.
- A community gathering place to read, think, create, and communicate.
The Lockport Public Library is audited annually. The audit is available under FOIL.